• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CutContour HELP!

Fishbones

Ok Im banging my head here.........if anyone can help it would me greatly appreciated.

Adobe Illustrator CS4.....
Applying a contour cut to text is no problem....works everytime........but when I create my own path around letters and give the shape a CutContour.....it does not acknowledge that there is a cut contour?? I simply don't get it....anyone else had this problem, or know how to create your own shape using the pen tool then apply a contour cut to it?

Thank you so much.....I could really use any words of wisdom.

Fishbones

I know right......I think Im missing something???? I am getting a warning about transparency when I go to save.....tells me that there could be some conflict with spot colors and transparency??

Bigdawg

Just Me
Transparency conflicts with the CutContour. You need to flatten the transparency in your file before you send it to cut through VersaWorks.

Specifically if you used drop shadows or other effects, or if you place a .psd file without a background the transparency/CutContour won't work.

Fishbones

Thank you guys SO SO much!! You saved my sanity for today at least! I just needed to flatten the transparency then add stroke.
:thumb: