• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CutContour Lines

Anastasi55

I'm learning and practicing more each day with our new equipment (SureColor S60600 and Graphtec cutter)... I think I have the basics of setting up CutContour layers, spot colors, making sure my print file isn't too wide for the sample media we were provided, and I've gotten good kiss cuts and perforation cuts. Now, my co-worker is asking for cutting to be done on her posters - simple rectangular perforation cuts. Since I have Conditions on the cutter that correspond to a kiss cut and perforation cut (Condition 1 = CutContour, Condition 2 = CutContour2), should she just set up her cut line as CutContour2 to match Condition2, i.e., the perforation cut? Or should we just reset Condition 1 to be a perforation cut?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I think you will find that cutting posters will not only dull the blade much more quickly but the edges will not be as sharp as you want. It is doable and I would just use the perf cut options but if I needed to cut posters I would just get a javelin cutter.

unclebun

A ruler and a good Olfa knife will get you a lot farther and faster with poster cutting than trying to use a plotter. Or get a cutter for trimming.

Anastasi55

I'm wondering why she wants to do that, unless she has a large run of rack topper signs... However, I tested my print with only a CutContour2 layer and spot color, and it worked! Next, I try the dotted perforation...