• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CutContour not working

bayviewsignworks

I'm creating a CutContour in Illustrator, file also has a placed cmyk PSD image, when I bring it into VW it shows up as a white line, not the grey I assigned it. - Help!!??

bayviewsignworks

Actually, it's more that it needs to be spot and the word "CutContour". You can make it any color - I usually use 75% black/spot. It was CMYK. I think it had to do with the PSD file I placed had layers - didn't like that. I ended up resaving without layers as a tif and seems to work now. Thanks all!

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
The swatch can be anything. Mine is 50% cyan. When you export it as an eps file the color name "CutContour" or "CutPath" is exported. When it sees that name, it will ignore the color and recognize it a Cut Path.

synergy_jim

please look at the attached pics.... all of these need to be right for it to show up. It is color independent as long as it is a CMYK spot color.

Also, if the PSD file has transparency, it will cause problems. You are better off to save it as a flat tiff and then place the contour over the flat tiff in illustrator.

CutContour is also acceptable as a swatch name...

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 101