• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CutContour problems with onyx

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone help me out!!
I can't get my cutter to cut a die cut shape.
I design in corel x3, export to an eps file, I open the file in my onyx postershop ver. 7.3, then print to my HP45500 UV printer., then TRY to cut to my Graphtech FC4100-130 plus cutter.

I checked that my hairline pen outline that I want to be my cut line is in fact a spot colour named "CutContour". I export my file as an eps. (Is there specific settings I should be selecting when exporting my eps file that may cause my "CutContour" to not work when I rip it in onyx? I've tried everything I can think of and it is still not cutting. All I keep getting is the contour (square box) around my graphic. That is all my cut server keeps cutting. CAN ANY ONE HELP!!! I am running out of hair to pull out!! LOL

Ron Helliar

First:

1. Edit the quickset your using for your CutContour job.
2. Select "advanced tab".
3. Select "postscript tab".
4. Ensure "use cutter path" is selected and "CutContour" is
correctly spelled in the window provided for it.

Next:

1. Select "Change" button (under Media & placement, upper right on main
main screen).
2. Select "Setup" button.
3. Select "Options" button.
4. Ensure "contour cutting" is checked and your plotter is listed.

This is assuming that you have your plotter previously set up and
Onyx is communicating with it properly.

bossdg

You might try deleting and recreating the "CutContour" spot color. Also check the pt. size specified for the line to make sure it is set correctly. Good luck.