Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutfile Question

Discussion in 'General Software' started by CousinVinny, Oct 22, 2003.

1. CousinVinny

CousinVinny New Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Hello to everyone from New York, I've been using VMPro for 3 years and was wondering why my cutfile screen cuts panels vertically instead of horizontally? Its been this way from the beginning. My brother recently purchased VMPro and his is set
    up the same way. Can I change to the horizontal setting so I wont have to flip everything 90 degress to cut it ?
    Thanks to all and GO Yankees!
    Cousin Vinny

Tags:
  2. idsign

idsign Member

Apr 11, 2003
    VMP Auto rotate

Vinny,

Click on the CUT dialog box on the top launch bar. I think you will see that the option AUTO ROTATE is checked. Uncheck it and it should stay unchecked until you (if you want to) turn it back on again. That is the same as the AUTO WEEDING BOX feature in the same dialog box.

Try turning off AUTO ROTATE and see if it solves the problem.

Barry

3. idsign

idsign Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Feedback

Hey Vinny,

Did my solution solve your problem? Let me know if I provided effective help, please.

Barry

4. CousinVinny

CousinVinny New Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Thank you Barry, unfortunatly it made no difference whether the Auto Rotate was on or off. Lets say for instance you designa 2 ft. x 6 ft Banner. When you go to cut it, is your vinyl page set up at: 22'' height X 75'' width
    or 22'' width X 75'' height

for mine to cut correctly i have to use the second set-up
    Thanks -Vinny