• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutline off

evie

I have a vinyl express Q-54 (i think it is the same as the Graphtec FC8000). I do all of the contour cutting in Flexi 8.1, print and laminate the vinyl, and it reads the registration marks just fine. When it cuts, it is cutting about 1.5" off of the cutline. Any help please?

p3

You need to use the pen tool that came with the cutter...put that in instead of the blade and put in the cd that came with the cutter and there is a section that shows you how to make sure its right. It will draw out a cross then you zero it in and it will redraw it and you keep doing it till your lines match up. If I was at home with the cd or the instruction manual i'd tell ya how, but if you look in there you can find it :) If you are having trouble I can email you the directions I have later.

evie

I BOUGHT IT FROM SIGN WAREHOUSE, IT DIDN'T COME WITH A PEN, AND I DON'T SEE ANYTHING ABOUT DOING IT THIS WAY. I AM CUTTING 3M, WITH 3M LAMINATION, BIG TRUCK GRAPHICS AND LOSING IT BIG WITH HAVING TO REDO THESE. ANYTHING SUGGESTIONS YOU HAVE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. (p.s. sign warehouse won't help me, because i can't give them the user # off of Flexi).