• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutpath off at bottom when printing 100 or so stickers. Colorip 2.2

zm71

Hi again.

My cutpath is off at the "bottom" of the sheet in colorip. Its like 8x14 stickers. (All same, duplicated in illustrator). Its kinda weird because it shows correct at the top and as i wrote, all the stickers are exactly the same with exactly the same cutpath...

Any1 know why? :thankyou:

EDIT: aaargh... same problem even if i reduce the print to 40 stickers. getting all weird at the bottom.

zm71

i made a pic in illustrator to show how it looks in colorip, and yes, the sp300 will cut as shown.

Attachments

• cutpathwrong.jpg
    cutpathwrong.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 94

CS-SignSupply

There is an EndUser adjustment, that I do not think will resolve your issue, and there is a ServiceTech adjustment, that should fix the issue.

Authorized service tech can get the procedure in PDF format or help you over the phone possibly.

zm71

There is an EndUser adjustment, that I do not think will resolve your issue, and there is a ServiceTech adjustment, that should fix the issue.

Authorized service tech can get the procedure in PDF format or help you over the phone possibly.

yes ok. but we can narrow it down to a software (colorip) problem. Not a hardware (sp300) problem. Correct?

thanks!

CS-SignSupply

This is a common adjustment on the printer. 99% sure it is hardware.

If I had the Service Document, I would help more but I do not.

zm71

This is a common adjustment on the printer. 99% sure it is hardware.

If I had the Service Document, I would help more but I do not.

really? the printer/cutter is cutting exactly as shown, the only problem is that colorip is showing incorrect... sounds like software problem to me, but im new to this... ur prob right.
:thankyou:

zm71

Did you calibrate the all the print and cut adjustments. That's where I think the problem is.

On the printer or in colorip? Donno how to do it in colorip. Im gonna check my printer here again..

CentralSigns said:
Oops also could be the profiles for the material. The one your using is not the right thickness.

You have to excuse me, i really dont understand how that can impact the preview cutpath in colorip. I would understand if the cutter misscut the material but i really dont understand how the preview could cause this. I can turn printer OFF and it will still preview incorrect.

I will look in to it tho, thank you!

Da Bom

Did anyone manage to sort this issue out?

I am having the same issue, my local roland guy told me to do a fresh install and that made no difference.

It has to be a software issue as my sp-300 is cutting exactly where the cutpath is on colorip, the problem is colorip is putting the cutpath in the wrong place.

I'm also not printing 100 stickers im only printing a collection about 300mm x 400mm in size, two big ones and 4 little ones in a group?

....NEED HELP BAD....

CentralSigns

On the printer or in colorip? Donno how to do it in colorip. Im gonna check my printer here again..

You have to excuse me, i really dont understand how that can impact the preview cutpath in colorip. I would understand if the cutter misscut the material but i really dont understand how the preview could cause this. I can turn printer OFF and it will still preview incorrect.

I will look in to it tho, thank you!

If the cut lines are not calibrated properly they will be off on all the same, so perform all the calibrations in the owners manual. If it progressively gets worse than it is in the profiles. Probably the material or backer thickness is incorrect for the material profile you are using. I had an issue with a backer that was thicker, causing the cut lines to get progressively off. So I changed the profile to a thicker one like reflective and it was good. Keep in mind that i wouldn't cut more than 3 feet of decals at a time either. Hope this helps. Sometimes your vinyl supplier may have the profiles for the product and your machine, you can then install them.

Da Bom

If the cut lines are not calibrated properly they will be off on all the same, so perform all the calibrations in the owners manual. If it progressively gets worse than it is in the profiles. Probably the material or backer thickness is incorrect for the material profile you are using. I had an issue with a backer that was thicker, causing the cut lines to get progressively off. So I changed the profile to a thicker one like reflective and it was good. Keep in mind that i wouldn't cut more than 3 feet of decals at a time either. Hope this helps. Sometimes your vinyl supplier may have the profiles for the product and your machine, you can then install them.

The Roland cuts perfectly, it cuts the lines dead on, its the ripper that shows the lines in the wrong position which makes the Roland cut them in the wrong position.

.EPS File - Lines in perfect condition
Colorip - Lines out of alignment
SP-300 - Cuts the lines as per ripper perfectly but because the ripper is out the lines are out.

Must be a software issue.... must be.... :frustrated: