Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cutpath off at bottom when printing 100 or so stickers. Colorip 2.2

Discussion in 'Roland' started by zm71, Oct 28, 2010.

1. zm71

zm71 Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Hi again.

My cutpath is off at the "bottom" of the sheet in colorip. Its like 8x14 stickers. (All same, duplicated in illustrator). Its kinda weird because it shows correct at the top and as i wrote, all the stickers are exactly the same with exactly the same cutpath...

Any1 know why? :thankyou:

EDIT: aaargh... same problem even if i reduce the print to 40 stickers. getting all weird at the bottom.

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Are all 100 decals mis-cut or just some of them?

3. zm71

zm71 Member

Oct 18, 2010
    i made a pic in illustrator to show how it looks in colorip, and yes, the sp300 will cut as shown.

Attached Files:

4. CS-SignSupply

There is an EndUser adjustment, that I do not think will resolve your issue, and there is a ServiceTech adjustment, that should fix the issue.

Authorized service tech can get the procedure in PDF format or help you over the phone possibly.

5. zm71

zm71 Member

Oct 18, 2010
    yes ok. but we can narrow it down to a software (colorip) problem. Not a hardware (sp300) problem. Correct?

thanks!

6. CS-SignSupply

This is a common adjustment on the printer. 99% sure it is hardware.

If I had the Service Document, I would help more but I do not.

7. zm71

zm71 Member

Oct 18, 2010
    really? the printer/cutter is cutting exactly as shown, the only problem is that colorip is showing incorrect... sounds like software problem to me, but im new to this... ur prob right.
    :thankyou:

8. CentralSigns

CentralSigns Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    Did you calibrate the all the print and cut adjustments. That's where I think the problem is.

9. CentralSigns

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    Oops also could be the profiles for the material. The one your using is not the right thickness.

10. zm71

zm71 Member

Oct 18, 2010
    On the printer or in colorip? Donno how to do it in colorip. Im gonna check my printer here again..

You have to excuse me, i really dont understand how that can impact the preview cutpath in colorip. I would understand if the cutter misscut the material but i really dont understand how the preview could cause this. I can turn printer OFF and it will still preview incorrect.

I will look in to it tho, thank you!

11. Da Bom

Da Bom New Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Did anyone manage to sort this issue out?

I am having the same issue, my local roland guy told me to do a fresh install and that made no difference.

It has to be a software issue as my sp-300 is cutting exactly where the cutpath is on colorip, the problem is colorip is putting the cutpath in the wrong place.

I'm also not printing 100 stickers im only printing a collection about 300mm x 400mm in size, two big ones and 4 little ones in a group?

....NEED HELP BAD....

12. Da Bom

Da Bom New Member

Nov 26, 2010

What version of Illustrator are you using? Im using CS4 and saving files as .EPS

13. CentralSigns

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    If the cut lines are not calibrated properly they will be off on all the same, so perform all the calibrations in the owners manual. If it progressively gets worse than it is in the profiles. Probably the material or backer thickness is incorrect for the material profile you are using. I had an issue with a backer that was thicker, causing the cut lines to get progressively off. So I changed the profile to a thicker one like reflective and it was good. Keep in mind that i wouldn't cut more than 3 feet of decals at a time either. Hope this helps. Sometimes your vinyl supplier may have the profiles for the product and your machine, you can then install them.

14. CentralSigns

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    Versaworks 4.0 .FFiles saved out of CorelDraw X3 as .eps files

15. Da Bom

Da Bom New Member

Nov 26, 2010

The Roland cuts perfectly, it cuts the lines dead on, its the ripper that shows the lines in the wrong position which makes the Roland cut them in the wrong position.

.EPS File - Lines in perfect condition
    Colorip - Lines out of alignment
    SP-300 - Cuts the lines as per ripper perfectly but because the ripper is out the lines are out.

Must be a software issue.... must be.... :frustrated: