Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cuts a line twice?

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by 34Ford, Nov 10, 2005.

1. 34Ford

34Ford Member

Nov 10, 2005
    Im using Flexisign 7.5 and when I draw just a line, for what ever reason the cutter double cuts it.
    It drops the cutter, starts at the beginning of the line gets to the end and I can tell the cutter moves over a few thousands and goes back.

I have the line width set to 0.000in

Its like it trying to draw a wider than normal line, if you were using a pen.

Is it the knife offset? I have it set on .012in but I tried it on 0.000 and it didn't help.

Dennis

Tags:
  2. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Check the advance tab in the cut/plot window and make sure you don't have it set to more than one pass. Also it could be the weeding setting on this same window tab. Hope this helped.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

3. 34Ford

34Ford Member

Nov 10, 2005
    Ah, think I figured it out. I was picking on the screen and dragging a line.

But by picking a point then picking another point and it drawing the line, it cuts it once.:thumb:

4. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    Something else to check, is whether or not you have strokes on the items you are cutting. I have found that those have caused me similar problems in the past, especially on artwork imported for Corel.