• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutter for Epson GS6000

bermudaman

We're getting the Epson in a couple of weeks and want to get a 30" cutter for it. Looking at a Summa or a Graphtec. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

astro8

We're looking at a Summa S Class 64" to match our GS6000 64" with our 64" GBC laminator...it's the only way to go I reckon.

bermudaman

We currently use Canon 9000's to produce color Autocad plots and send out our outdoor banners and signs to a 3rd party. We want to start producing this in house using the Epson. I thought we might start with a smaller cutter and see if we can build up the business for a larger one. Do you think i should just bite the bullet and get a 64"?

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I've been doing a lot of research on this recently to make our own equipment purchase decisions.

I think if you have a 64" printer you would be best to match it. If you are on a tight budget then get at least a 48" cutter. BTW you can get a 24" CE5000 from Signsupply for $1,295. If you just want a cutter and don't expect to be contour cutting more than 24" then go with that for now.

What made your choose the Epson over a number of different 6-color solvent printer?

bermudaman

We do a lot of work for artists so the slightly better gamut of the Epson is nice. The other printer we looked at was the Roland XC-540. Great printer. We really went back and forth over the 2 but in the end, we got great color, 64 inches and a $3,000.00 rebate with the Epson. Good idea about the 24" Graphtec. I don't really want to spend a lot of money unless we can see some work for it. I know we will keep the Epson busy enough. What kind of work can we go for with a contour cutter? Labels, stickers, etc? Profitable enough? Thanks for your input. This forum has been a great resource...