Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutter is skipping.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by showcase 66, Feb 8, 2011.

1. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    My cutter just started to skip when it is making a straight or almost straight cut from left to right. All other directions work fine just this one direction. I just ordered a cutting strip for it since I have not changed it out in probably a year and a half but I am not sure if this is the reason.

Smaller letters on this one has become a pain in the a$$ too.

Does anyone think the cutting strip will help this problem or do I need to look at something else.

Thanks.

Tags:
  2. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    just look at the cutting strip, you can tell if you need a new one. Another thing could be you need a new tool carrier. Sometimes they wear out and the blade hangs up and does not turn fast enough, thuse the skipping.

3. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Cutting strip needs to be replaced. The Blade holder seems to have a lot of play in it and the blade is a little wobbly.

I have another holder and that helped a little but hopefully that and the cutting strip will help alot

Thanks for the idea

4. thewvsignguy

thewvsignguy Active Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Grantsville, MD
    Sounds like it's the bearing's in the blade holder. We had one doing the same thing, skipping a dragging the blade accross the material. We cleaned the bearing and a drop of oil did the trick, even on a 1/2 worn plotter strip.