• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutter is skipping.

showcase 66

My cutter just started to skip when it is making a straight or almost straight cut from left to right. All other directions work fine just this one direction. I just ordered a cutting strip for it since I have not changed it out in probably a year and a half but I am not sure if this is the reason.

Smaller letters on this one has become a pain in the a$$ too.

Does anyone think the cutting strip will help this problem or do I need to look at something else.

Thanks.

Mosh

just look at the cutting strip, you can tell if you need a new one. Another thing could be you need a new tool carrier. Sometimes they wear out and the blade hangs up and does not turn fast enough, thuse the skipping.

showcase 66

just look at the cutting strip, you can tell if you need a new one. Another thing could be you need a new tool carrier. Sometimes they wear out and the blade hangs up and does not turn fast enough, thuse the skipping.
Cutting strip needs to be replaced. The Blade holder seems to have a lot of play in it and the blade is a little wobbly.

I have another holder and that helped a little but hopefully that and the cutting strip will help alot

Thanks for the idea

thewvsignguy

Sounds like it's the bearing's in the blade holder. We had one doing the same thing, skipping a dragging the blade accross the material. We cleaned the bearing and a drop of oil did the trick, even on a 1/2 worn plotter strip.