Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutter not responding

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by RalphGS, Apr 3, 2011.

1. RalphGS

RalphGS Member

Mar 29, 2011
    15 times a day I get the "cutter not responding" message. I then unplug the USB-cable, plug it again and then it works!
    Anyone got a solution for this?

Tags:
  2. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Is your USB port set not to go to sleep? This is in the power settings area.

3. choucove

choucove Active Member

Feb 25, 2008
    As signage suggested above, my first thought would be that the computer is set to some power usage settings that is disconnecting communication with USB devices after idle for so long. What is your OS, and I can help walk you through how to change your settings to "High Performance" or "Always On".

The next possible cause could be the length of the USB cable as going above 15 feet length can cause communication errors.

4. steve.leleaux

steve.leleaux Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Chattanooga
    I had the problem until we set our production manager up on a "spooler" we have two older Summa plotters that use serial ports and two newer plotters that are USB. We switched to mac's (no serial ports) and ended up setting up two PC's as spoolers - two plotters on each. We haven't had any cutter not responding messages since. We never did figure out why, just kind of worked around the problem.