• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutter or software prob?

mxracer32

first time using a vinyl cutter, so bear with me if this is a newb type question

say im cutting the word "HONDA", well when i do and i peel it, the i would have to look at the sticky side to actually read it, the top, non glue side is the negative side....is this a setup problem with my software (signgo) or my cutter, xy-300p. im really thinking its a cutting option or something that just isnt configured right on the software but like i said, im new...any help is appreciated!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm not familiar with your software but it sounds like you have the "mirror" or "reverse reading" setting checked. Look for that.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have never used any plotters other than Gerber's. I can only tell you that the mirror command is in my plot software. that seems to me to be the logical place to start looking. that by no means rules out some strange orientation setting that may exist in your Chinese plotter.

R08

I have a GCC that has options like that right on the cutter so you may want to check both.