Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cutter or software prob?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by mxracer32, Jul 13, 2008.

1. mxracer32

mxracer32 New Member

Jun 29, 2008
    first time using a vinyl cutter, so bear with me if this is a newb type question

say im cutting the word "HONDA", well when i do and i peel it, the i would have to look at the sticky side to actually read it, the top, non glue side is the negative side....is this a setup problem with my software (signgo) or my cutter, xy-300p. im really thinking its a cutting option or something that just isnt configured right on the software but like i said, im new...any help is appreciated!

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I'm not familiar with your software but it sounds like you have the "mirror" or "reverse reading" setting checked. Look for that.

3. mxracer32

mxracer32 New Member

Jun 29, 2008
    so it should be somewhere in the signgo, and not on the cutter?

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I have never used any plotters other than Gerber's. I can only tell you that the mirror command is in my plot software. that seems to me to be the logical place to start looking. that by no means rules out some strange orientation setting that may exist in your Chinese plotter.

5. mxracer32

mxracer32 New Member

Jun 29, 2008
    yeap, i think i may of found it, an "E" on the cutting setup...thanks

6. Rollie

Rollie Very Active Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    I have a GCC that has options like that right on the cutter so you may want to check both.