• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutter Problems

dhearn

I have a Vinyl Express QE60+ 24" cutter and I am trying to cut some decals with some small parts. I am having a problem with it cutting the small pieces and the picking them up and moving them as seen in the attached photo. I am using Oracal 651 and have played with the blade depth and pressure but still haven't solved the problem. Anyone know what could be wrong? Hard to do small parts and small text with this happening.

Attachments

• DSC01284.JPG
    DSC01284.JPG
    296.2 KB · Views: 134

BobM

Slow the cutting down, lower the cutting pressure, check the cutting strip to be sure it's smooth and cut free, change to Clean Cut blades.

Lau Designs

When I have had this happen it's been when the blade depth was too much and I have had to back it off. Sometimes it takes me several adjustments to get it just right. I like to keep a blade set to just the right depth set aside in it's own holder that I use just for intricate designs. But it could be a combintaion of force, cutting strip and blade depth or sharpness.