• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutter Protection strips

PMG

Anyone make their own, you can get sheets of Teflon roll stock cheaper than the cost of the strip its self, seem you can make a hell of allot of them for the price of 1....anyone doing this?????

D

DARLAK

peel your old one off and turn it around... works good, they are hardly ever centered....

oh ya..... don't set your blade depth so deep, won't have to replace it for yearsssssss

PMG

I do tons of die cut stickers and i do turn it and some times upside down because the adhesive stayed on the machine...im going to try this out and order me some from a local place that has this material. I rather spend 35$ on 35 of them than 35 for 1. who wouldn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stickerguynyc

take out the glue and buy oracal double side tape the one for banner is very thing should work for you...

on my 24 inches graphtec i use to order a 48 inche one and cut it in half since is way cheaper that buy a 24 inche

Raulrdz

I think it was in the SignWEB forums that someone suggested using 3M [SIZE=-1]conspicuity tape, the kind required by DOT on trailers, it a lot cheaper than the teflon strips.
[/SIZE]

woolly

I do tons of die cut stickers and i do turn it and some times upside down because the adhesive stayed on the machine...im going to try this out and order me some from a local place that has this material. I rather spend 35$ on 35 of them than 35 for 1. who wouldn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!

graphtec do a felt strip for die cutting so you can cut through with out damage to the blade.

a strip of thicker clear vinyl over the strip makes savings and easy replacement.

woolly

gabagoo

For as often as they have to be replaced why would you toy around with potentially damaging your cutter? If you use the correct weight and blade depth a strip can last easily 6 months. Now if you can buy the identical material with an adhesive on it already, then I would be interested in knowing how it goes. Keep us informed.

ndemond

Anyone make their own, you can get sheets of Teflon roll stock cheaper than the cost of the strip its self, seem you can make a hell of allot of them for the price of 1....anyone doing this?????

Where do you get the roll stock. I am having trouble finding A strip for the Gerber envision 750. Thanks.

sportycliff

I think it was in the SignWEB forums that someone suggested using 3M [SIZE=-1]conspicuity tape, the kind required by DOT on trailers, it a lot cheaper than the teflon strips.
[/SIZE]

From 3M's MSDS
"The reflective marking consists of
prismatic lenses that are formed in a transparent,
synthetic resin"

Crushed glass would probably be rough on blades...