• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutter recommendations for perf cutting beaded reflective

Mega-Tech

Good morning (or afternoon) :D

We've been getting more requests lately for decals printed on IJ680 beaded reflective vinyl. We've been doing these ok, but they're very time consuming. Specifically cutting them out after they've been print, laminated and contour cut. The time comes into weeding and then cutting them into rectangles on the table.

We're looking at getting a cutter than can successfully perf cut the IJ680.

We currently have a Summa S2 tangental with 'flex cut', but doesn't seem to work so great.

Anyone out there have any recommendations for cutters that we can perf cut this thicker beaded reflective?

Thank you very much!

2B

you will probably need to look into the flatbed cutters, these tend to by more robust and capable of a wider range of material cutting.
Summa
Zund
Esko

there are others, and there several threads here about them

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Good morning,

I agree with 2B that your best bet will be a flatbed cutter like the Summa F1612 for this application. With the flatbed you could cut all the way through the material without having to do a perf cut and the vacuum suction system keeps you material stable while everything is being cut. Once the cutting is complete the conveyor system with pneumatic clamps move the material forward so that you can cut the next batch of jobs. If you are cutting a fair amount of prismatic reflective you would be able to cut these out a lot cleaner and quicker than trying to get your roll-fed cutter to perf cut them out.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

Mega-Tech

Thank you for the replies. The F1612 was one we were potentially looking at, just trying to justify the cost.