Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutter software problem

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by p7050, May 5, 2019.

1. p7050

p7050 Member

Mar 30, 2006
    louisville
    Had to reinstall my flexi software due to a computer problem, after the install I can get into the program and type what I need to cut out but when I click cut on the program it won’t show the preview and freezes up and won’t go to the next part, tried contacting signwarehouse but want to charge a lot of money just to get the question answered I have a Q60+ cutter

Tags:
  2. jimdtg

jimdtg Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Some places in earth
    Is that Flexi old version and couldn't be activated after reinstalled?

3. p7050

p7050 Member

Mar 30, 2006
    louisville
    Windows 7
    Vinyl express qe60+
    Lxi8
    After I click cut then goes to the manager and locks up also tried it with lxi10 and does the same thing

4. jimdtg

jimdtg Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Some places in earth
    Are you still using Softkey license for those LXi versions?

5. Bevets

Bevets New Member

Apr 20, 2019
    USA
    Sounds like production manager is not loading correctly. Can you open the production manager at all?

6. PHILJOHNSON

PHILJOHNSON Sales Manager

Jul 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    This sounds like a driver/communication issue to me. Have you already configured your output device in LXI to match what you had before the re-installation? If you have assigned your cutting device perhaps you could try changing the USB port selection. There should be up to 4 USB port options that you can select from and I would try changing the port if you can. The version of LXI you have is an end of life product so even if you paid for support I am not sure Sign Warehouse could really help you a whole lot and would likely suggest you purchase an upgrade.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
    Airmark Corporation
    (800)527-7778, ext 112
    philj@airmark.com