• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CutterProblems

Strikenmike

Strikenmike
I am new to this and I am stuck.
Signlab10 installed and did cut on new Titan2 cutter.
Installed Vinylmaster Cut OEM and set up with Titan2 28 Driver. Seems to cut fine in Vinylmaster.
Now, when I try to cut in Signlab10, I get a "port not available, Error Com1 message and the cutter does not respond.
I paid good money for Signlab10 so I hate to uninstall it. I know I have made a simple mistake on setup, but I have no idea how to correct it.
Please advise.
Mike
federman1946@sbcglobal.net

on's DC

Installed Vinylmaster Cut OEM and set up with Titan2 28 Driver. Seems to cut fine in Vinylmaster.
Now, when I try to cut in Signlab10, I get a "port not available, Error Com1 message and the cutter does not respond.
I paid good money for Signlab10 so I hate to uninstall it. I know I have made a simple mistake on setup, but I have no idea how to correct it.
Please advise.
Mike

on's DC

Well I can't help, same problem trying to get a new vinyl plotter to cut. Went into Sign Lab 9 and loaded the correct information
but get the same answer, port not available. Noticed the date you posted and it's a new year did you get it to talk to your cutter???

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I know this is an old post but I had the same issue while running both SignLab and Gerber Omega at the same time. One or the other will tend to "occupy" the COM port until the program is completely closed out. Once I do that, then the problem ceases to exist.

If you still tend to have problems, I would suspect that there are drivers still running in the background. Go into the task manager and close out everything related to the offending program and see if that doesn't clear up the matter.

JB

Bert Wondervan

Please advise.
Mike

Follow the instructions below:

Start SignLab program and go to: Cut | Plotting Defaults | Selected Driver | Select your machine | Setup | Port | Port Location | Select the port.

This instruction applies to all old and new versions of CADLink SignLab, EngraveLab, ProfilLab.