• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting a Partial Wrap

Premier Wraps

Personally, I've switched almost entirely to Avery 1005EZ for wrap applications. Used to use IJ180-v3 but about a year ago our Fellers Rep got me to try a roll of the 1005. It was like laying down butter. Loved it. I was skeptical, because in the past I'd never had anything but major headaches when using Avery products. So, over the next few months I used Avery when the client was super budget oriented (probably 5-6 jobs). Every time the job was easier to install than using 3M.

I haven't had a single failure, and about 6 months ago I stopped ordering 3M unless the job was spec'd for it.

:thumb:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Way back............ :Sleeping: we used the Avery 1005EZ with recommended laminate [DOL something or other] and it printed fine and went on like a dream, but we had numerous problems from colors fading out like crazy to peeling off and there was no rhyme or reason to any of it. Didn't matter if it was on dark vehicles or light..... didn't matter if it was heavy ink or not. We quickly switched over to 3M and almost 100% down the line, never experiencing another problem.

We were reimbursed for some and not others. Again, no thyme or reason. So we dropped their product and never said another nice thing about A V E R Y .

jasonx

You reckon? We got an Iload to do shortly.

You can do the roof, the bonnet and rear doors in EZ RS. But those side recessed panels are basically a recessed panel inside a recesses panel. Its a fair stretch. I've never attempted an iLoad with EZ RS always used the fleet.

3M 380 is meant to be perfect for this but I've never tried it in a real world application.

jbogart

We had switched from 3M to Avery, but then we had a run where it seemed like every other roll we got had manufacturing flaws - we couldn't get a decent print if it had solid colors on it. Switched back to 3M and haven't had any problems.

divers2deep

We had switched from 3M to Avery, but then we had a run where it seemed like every other roll we got had manufacturing flaws - we couldn't get a decent print if it had solid colors on it. Switched back to 3M and haven't had any problems.

Just wondering, what kind of printer you are using ?

SqueeGeeMonkee

Yep, you would be lucky to get the EZ to hold, need the fleet version or the 3M IJ380(never used the 3M though).

Had to rewrap a Nissan NV 1500 due to Avery 1005 failing twice in a concave area, Arlon adhesive separated from vinyl, 3m held with no primer and looked as smooth as paint.

trimitbyrich

I did two Astro vans in my shop. 1 was with 3M the other Avery. They were both installed identical, used primer in recesses, post heated, Etc.... The 3M has lifted in quite a few very minor curves and the Avery has not lifted anywhere. It's still perfect. I'm sold on Avery unless a client asks for 3M specifically.

ironchef

1005sc ezrs, no primer, lets see how long it last

Attachments

• image-1793351247.jpg
    image-1793351247.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 83

johnnysigns

As long as you didn't tent that and jam it in it should be fine. I've installed heaps of regular old A9 over corrugations like that w/out incident just by laying it all in.

formanek

Personally, I've switched almost entirely to Avery 1005EZ for wrap applications. Used to use IJ180-v3 but about a year ago our Fellers Rep got me to try a roll of the 1005. It was like laying down butter. Loved it. I was skeptical, because in the past I'd never had anything but major headaches when using Avery products. So, over the next few months I used Avery when the client was super budget oriented (probably 5-6 jobs). Every time the job was easier to install than using 3M.

I haven't had a single failure, and about 6 months ago I stopped ordering 3M unless the job was spec'd for it.
:goodpost:

formanek

1005sc ezrs, no primer, lets see how long it last

I have semi trailer skinz with ez on the road for over 3 years here in MN with the road salt, etc... As long as you cut the rivets and the seams in the trailers you won't have any issues. The trailers I do are ALL refrigerated so they condensate. Condensation needs weep holes. The trailers I do also get steam washed each night when they return from the road. So that is 1095 washing as they are pulled 7 nights a week. AND I tent and heat. The corrugations are subtle enough to know have issues. Period.

Attachments

• semi.jpg
    semi.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 73

HulkSmash

I wish Avery provided better lam. I find their material easy to work with but their laminate I can not stand.

it's not just 3m. It's Avery, 3M, anything. I find Oracal sitting in the channels much longer.

Those having issues with other simple vans like astros or just regular econolines with stuff sitting in channels, you're just doing it wrong.

SqueeGeeMonkee

it's not just 3m. It's Avery, 3M, anything. I find Oracal sitting in the channels much longer.

Those having issues with other simple vans like astros or just regular econolines with stuff sitting in channels, you're just doing it wrong.

Our local Fellers rep had told us that a batch of bad 1005 had gotten out and there were over 600 rolls returned to them as a result since December.