• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting a roll into smaller sheets in bulk

VinylLabs.com

I just bought a roll of paper for my 5500, I'd like to cut some sheets to print posters on my epson 3000, the epson only takes sheets of 11x17. I was wondering if I could just cut my photopaper into a sheet of 11x17 and use that.

however, my question is, is how would I cut lets say 25-30 sheets accuratly (within a mm or so) easiest? just use a straightedge and an shop blade? is there a cheap sort of die I can use or build?

I'm not using this for production, I'd probably just go out and buy a stack, but right now I'm not using my 3000 for anything I figured I'd just offsset some prints from my 5500 to my 3000...

jiarby

The cost of your time should far exceed the cost of buying precut sheets.
Spend your time doing more productive work... go sell something!

Mosh

+1 buying it precut for that small amount if you are that picky on it being exact. If it were me I would just cut it with our media cutter, a ruler and exacto would also work, I am sure I could get them within a few MM.

Salmoneye

Have the supplier slit the big rolls first so at least you would have one dimension already then a dispenser roll and a guide on a long table feeding into your rotary trimmer?