• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cutting After Laminating Issue

PrinterPower

Unoffical Printer IT
Good afternoon everyone.

I'm currently experiencing an issue with our Roland Soljet Pro III 540 XC. I've made some hard hat stickers about 3" x 1" and printed 250 of them, just over 20" long of material. I've laminated the print but I realized that earlier during the drying period, I accidentally deleted the file from VersaWorks. Now, I've done this before with other stickers, even ones that were centered on the media, and not getting media width and not centering allowed them to be cut just fine after the original file was gone.

It's not the same case with these ones. I've tried the same as above, centering and getting media width, not centering and getting media width, but the cut lines still are out of whack.

Is there anything I can do to save these or do I need to start over?

GVP

If it were me, for 20" of material I'd just start over and save the time trying to salvage them. You can pretty much bet that in any job, the labour costs (i.e. your time) far outweigh the material costs...

autoexebat

I've been lucky enough to save mine before when that happened , but other times my cuts were way off ... I'm with GVP .. start over.

ikarasu

I don't use versaworks so it may be different t. Onyx sends a separate cut file to it's cut server. What I do when I accidently deleted something is I reprint it as PDF.. then just load up the PDFs registrations and use that to cut the vinyl.

May be completely useless for versaworks... But figured I'd throw it out there in case it helps.

ams

Should be able to just import it again, get media width, setup functions and cut only. Why are you centering a print and cut alignment?