• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Circles on Magnetic Material

joeutut

Has anyone come up with an ingenious way of cutting circles on magnetic material?
I would think someone out there has an idea. . . beer can on a drill, old plotter digging deep, something.

joeshaul

Can't you fit a compass with a blade of some sort? Never done it myself, but seems like a feasible option. In case no one remembers, the compass I'm referring to are those two pointed things you used to draw circles with in elementary school.

A sharpened aluminum can to use as a die cutter is another thought, fairly certain if you can score the surface, you can end up separating it some way.

Jen Goodwin

If you have a friction fed plotter that will pull the magnetic material, you can just score it with the plotter and pop them out. Works with polystyrene too.

Jim Doggett

Radial cutters are cheap and work well ...

1031.jpg

Biker Scout

X-Acto makes swivel pin blades for circle cutting. I do believe that they will also fit in most compi. :scream:

Also, if you haven't been to your local arts and crafts store lately, (like Michaels) they have many circle cutters out now... scrapbooking and quilt makers use circle cutters.

Goofball

OLFA Wind Slit Cutter....page 128 in the Spring 2009 Feller's catalog ( the only page that does not have Frank's picture )....I use it all the time....works perfect on magnets.

Bob

Mainframe

How big? I made a bunch of 24" round pace car logo magnets for the Pgh Vintage Grand Prix a few years ago, they still use them, I cut them with scissors.

joeutut

I will give the banner wind slit cutter a try
Thank you to all who have posted and if I come up with something I will repost

jfiscus

Rap Master
We bought a custom circular die from a local die manufacturer (printing press dies) for about $25 and made an attachment for our press in the shop. Works great.