• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting contour with CG-FXII

bmw_ante

I´m cutting out printed images, i have registry marks

BUT the problem is that the cutting line does line up with the picture printed,

on the side towards me if I´m standing in front of the machine, I get a white line, and on the opposite side of the print it cuts into the picture

I am using Fine Cut 7 to cut and 4pt reg mark detection

How can I adjust this ?

see my illustration picture

Attachments

• bf2010110219A2ab8.jpg
    bf2010110219A2ab8.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 137
Last edited by a moderator:

Vinylman

Here is the procedure I follow to use "FineCut"

1- Create artwork in Illustrator. {put cutline and registration marks on a SEPARATE layer}

2- Start your plotter and load the printed piece.

3- when plotter has loaded and asks for TP1 location, locate the red led pointer light just inside the RIGHT FRONT
{as you face the plotter} registration mark. PUSH ENTER. {should locate your four targets}.

4- Push the REMOTE button on your plotter and it shoud then be communicating with your computer.

5- chose the artwork you want to plot.
6- open it in FineCut and turn OFF all layers except the layer with your cut line and targets.

7- locate the "Sheet Loading selection at the top of the open file in FineCut.click that tab so the computer checks the actual sheet size loaded into the plotter.

8- Check the "Registration Mark" tab on this page, and then check the "Detect Mark" tab on the next fly out menu.

9- Verify the number of images you want to cut {if you are cutting more than one image tell the plotter on this menu how many? and where they are located? { left or right, up or down?}.

10- push the PLOT button.

IF the plotter is NOT following your image correctly, I would first verify that you have created a cut line in the original artwork that is properly aligned with the original artwork. if that doesn't fix you situation then there may be an alignment problem with the plotter.

Hope this helps!

bmw_ante

Here is the procedure I follow to use "FineCut"

1- Create artwork in Illustrator. {put cutline and registration marks on a SEPARATE layer}

2- Start your plotter and load the printed piece.

3- when plotter has loaded and asks for TP1 location, locate the red led pointer light just inside the RIGHT FRONT
{as you face the plotter} registration mark. PUSH ENTER. {should locate your four targets}.

4- Push the REMOTE button on your plotter and it shoud then be communicating with your computer.

5- chose the artwork you want to plot.
6- open it in FineCut and turn OFF all layers except the layer with your cut line and targets.

7- locate the "Sheet Loading selection at the top of the open file in FineCut.click that tab so the computer checks the actual sheet size loaded into the plotter.

8- Check the "Registration Mark" tab on this page, and then check the "Detect Mark" tab on the next fly out menu.

9- Verify the number of images you want to cut {if you are cutting more than one image tell the plotter on this menu how many? and where they are located? { left or right, up or down?}.

10- push the PLOT button.

IF the plotter is NOT following your image correctly, I would first verify that you have created a cut line in the original artwork that is properly aligned with the original artwork. if that doesn't fix you situation then there may be an alignment problem with the plotter.

Hope this helps!

I have a alignment problem with the machine,
I always put my cut line with the Finecut button called "frame extraction"

Rooster

Sounds like your opus mark reader/camera needs to be calibrated. I'm not sure how to do it with a mimaki, but it was pretty easy with my summa and fixed an identical problem.

The camera is reading the marks, but it's not calibrated to start the cut in the right position.