• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Dibond

showcase 66

I have to make a 44" circle for a sign and I am using Dibond as the substrate. I was wondering if anyone has used a rotary saw like a rotozip or something like that to cut through the dibond. I was going to test it out on a small piece but the only piece I can find in the shop is a 45"x48" piece which will be perfect for this. I know it cuts really nice and easy with a jigsaw but I dont want to use that for this.

artbot

first if you are cutting a circle you can test your cuts on the corners. those will be the drops. the rotozip will be a disaster. too much variation/chatter. the simple way is use a router. try to bring into the design something in the center to cover up an 1/8" hole. that way you can fashion a circle cutter/compass either out of a 1x4 or a real circle cutter accessory for the tool.

if you are at a loss for tools, most plastic distributors offer circle cutting services.

JR's

the simple way is use a router. that way you can fashion a circle cutter/compass either out of a 1x4 or a real circle cutter accessory for the tool.

if you are at a loss for tools, most plastic distributors offer circle cutting services.

:goodpost:

JR

ZsVinylInc

Any time we have to do anything like this we have a local water jet place that cuts it for us. Saves us a lot of time and we can keep moving on other projects.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you don't have access to the methods mentioned, you could always lay down your pattern, cut it with a jig saw almost up to the line and then sand it with a belt sander to a fine edge. Before all of this technology was around, that's how I did almost everything. Cut-Sand. Wood, metal, plastics, etc.

showcase 66

I feel like an idiot. :doh:
I am not sure exactly why I brought up the rotozip. I have a hand router with a circle attachment. At least you guys didnt make me feel to bad about it.
Thanks for your input.
:thankyou:

amw

Longtime Members
Ask whoever you buy it from...we would pay about $5-$10 for this if we asked for it when ordered. (plus the cost of the sheet ofcourse)
Otherwise a router is the way to go, as said above.

Thanks,
Marsha