Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting Directly from Corel X4 with Graphtec CE2000

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by PrintSpot, Aug 17, 2010.

1. PrintSpot

PrintSpot New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    I know it's possible to cut vinyl directly from Corel X4 (running on Win XP 32bit) with my recently purchased Graphtec CE2000-60. Graphtec support has been no help, I'm wondering if anyone has step by step instructions on how to do this. I've heard changing the language from HPGL to GPGL works, although I can't seem to find it in the menu on the cutter.

So far I've been able to cut with the SignTools 4 plugin, however it stopped working after I installed the proper driver on my system from Graphtec's website. It looks like SignTools is running from it's own generic driver, but somehow it ceased to run after the driver install. I've tried deleting both and just reinstalling only SignTools, but no luck. Regardless, I would prefer to just use Corel and no outside software.

If anyone has experience with this I would very greatly appreciate your input. Thank you!

-Rachel

2. thmooch

thmooch Active Member

Mar 13, 2007
    sc
    have you tried using Graphtec Cutting Master? plugin for Corel.

3. PrintSpot

PrintSpot New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    My cutter didn't come with any software, and it would be more convenient (and cheaper) to cut direct from Corel since I'm proficient in the software already.

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    cutting master is a program to cut direct from corel - prob on graphtec site somewhere...maybe let your fingers do the walking? (straight to google)

5. PrintSpot

PrintSpot New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Thanks for the help, I didn't realize Cutting Master was a free plugin. However I was able to switch the cutter to GP-GL mode and that did the trick. No external software or plugins needed. Pretty sweet.

6. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

7. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

i use a ROLAND.........and there is a driver for it to CUT RIGHT FROM COREL..........i believe GRAPHTEC has a similar driver available. contact them or go to their website.

8. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    No driver for an FC2100-120??

9. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Are you referring to Cutting Master 2 not having the FC2100 driver? Correct. This software will not support the older Graphtec models

10. BagBoys616

BagBoys616 New Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Cut Master Original not 2

How did you switch the language on your plotter?
    So you downloaded the driver from graphtecusa, and click print in Corel and it plots out for you?

I am in the same boat with a Graphtec Ce2000-60 and GraphtecUsa doesn't have have the original cut master any longer(that I can find). Cut Master 2 does not support my series either.