• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Directly from Corel X4 with Graphtec CE2000

PrintSpot

I know it's possible to cut vinyl directly from Corel X4 (running on Win XP 32bit) with my recently purchased Graphtec CE2000-60. Graphtec support has been no help, I'm wondering if anyone has step by step instructions on how to do this. I've heard changing the language from HPGL to GPGL works, although I can't seem to find it in the menu on the cutter.

So far I've been able to cut with the SignTools 4 plugin, however it stopped working after I installed the proper driver on my system from Graphtec's website. It looks like SignTools is running from it's own generic driver, but somehow it ceased to run after the driver install. I've tried deleting both and just reinstalling only SignTools, but no luck. Regardless, I would prefer to just use Corel and no outside software.

If anyone has experience with this I would very greatly appreciate your input. Thank you!

-Rachel

PrintSpot

My cutter didn't come with any software, and it would be more convenient (and cheaper) to cut direct from Corel since I'm proficient in the software already.

J Hill Designs

cutting master is a program to cut direct from corel - prob on graphtec site somewhere...maybe let your fingers do the walking? (straight to google)

PrintSpot

Thanks for the help, I didn't realize Cutting Master was a free plugin. However I was able to switch the cutter to GP-GL mode and that did the trick. No external software or plugins needed. Pretty sweet.

OldPaint

i use a ROLAND.........and there is a driver for it to CUT RIGHT FROM COREL..........i believe GRAPHTEC has a similar driver available. contact them or go to their website.

CS-SignSupply

Are you referring to Cutting Master 2 not having the FC2100 driver? Correct. This software will not support the older Graphtec models

BagBoys616

Cut Master Original not 2

Thanks for the help, I didn't realize Cutting Master was a free plugin. However I was able to switch the cutter to GP-GL mode and that did the trick. No external software or plugins needed. Pretty sweet.

How did you switch the language on your plotter?
So you downloaded the driver from graphtecusa, and click print in Corel and it plots out for you?

I am in the same boat with a Graphtec Ce2000-60 and GraphtecUsa doesn't have have the original cut master any longer(that I can find). Cut Master 2 does not support my series either.