• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting errant "v" notch

jimi

My FC-7000 will sporadically cut a small v-notch along the edge of vinyl letters. After making adjustments my repeated cut group is 4 words of cursive letters. The imperfections always occur in the same place but not necessarily in the same letters. It will cut a v-notch in the same place along the letter "a" in the word Family but not at all in "a" from word Operated. I've changed to a new blade, and increased the blade cut angle.

Any help appreciated!

Stealth Ryder

Cutter Issues

Bad/worn out blade holder...
Grooves in the cutting strip...
Bad Blade...

One or more of these three things cause what you have described

blueben

How long of a cable do you have running from your computer to the cutter. I had the same problem with my Roland GX24. When I called in, the tech asked me that question. At the time, I had a 24' usb cable running to it. Told me to shorten it to no more than a 10' cable to help the communication to the cutter. Re arranged the layout of my cut area and have not had a problem in 9 months.

Something to think about anyways.