• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting existing image printed on Vinyl paper

PinballFan

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can provide some assistance. I have a HP DesignJet T520 Plotter which meets my needs and does amazing prints for my pinball hobby.

I have printed a pinball playfield overlay (basically a sticker which goes on the playfield of the pinball machine) that measures 19 inches wide by 36 inches long. My printer can only print and does not make cuts.

I have attached a sample of my image which I modified using photoshop.

Within the image, I would like to be able to cut out all the white circular areas with the appropriate device.

How can this be done? What sort of equipment should I be looking for?

This is for personal use, in particular my pinball hobby, and not for commercial use.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, then I can start looking for something new or even used that can accomplish my goals.

I am confused as to what type of equipment can accomplish my goals.

I would also consider an all in one machine (printing and cutting), but I imagine the cost would be prohibitive for hobby use.

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Count-Down.jpg

Jester

Slow is Fast
Something like a used Roland GX-24 or new GS-24 plotter (cutter) would be good for you. It has an optical registration sensor. You add registration marks outside your image, print, then load the printed output into the cutter. The cutter reads the marks and knows where to cut on your image. I believe the Roland CutStudio software which comes with the cutter can do this for you, although I haven't personally used that workflow.