• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting "Grip Tape"?

MikePro

Client of ours makes Grip Tape products, the Sandpaper Vinyl for no-slip application, and inquired as to whether we could cut shapes out of his product for him. I told him that I'd have to think about it, since its not your traditional vinyl and i doubt my plotter blades will appreciate it!

so my question is: is there a die-cutter out there that will cut radius corners on a 4" wide rectangle of this sandpaper-vinyl material?

feel free to second-guess my paranoia about running hundreds of feet of this material through my plotter. I also have a cnc router, but I would imagine I would run into the same issue of dulling bits and shredding product.

CentralSigns

Cut vinyl reverse, attach to back of grip tape and hand cut with exacto knife. Make big $$$ thats how we have done it in the past. Custom skate board graphics don't sell cheap. Then they peel our vinyl off with backing of grip tape and attach to skateboards. I couldn't find a tool that would successfully cut it for very long without problems.