• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting in order

ChristianTR

So we have to print 12,000 1x1 labels for a company. The problem is when we go back to cut them, it doesn't cut them in order. There are 4 sections of 10 with .25 in between the 4 sections. The machine cuts the first one in each section, then the second in each section and so on. As you can imagine it is taking way longer then it needs to.

Does anyone know how to make the SC-540 cut in order down the line instead of jumping all over the place?

ChristianTR

Im using Roland Colorip. I'll look around for such a setting. You would think it would just do it automatically. I cant see any practical reason for it to do that haha.

MikeD

Pat is correct; if your rip doesn't automatically sort the cut order, then it is cutting in the order of creation. Even though your prints may already be on vinyl, you can still make a new file by cutting and pasting. The easiest way is to save a copy; have both open and then copy from the original and paste into the copy in the order you want the job processed. Send the "copy" cut job out to process your original prints.

Good Luck!