• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting is driving me crazy ??

redhot007

Hello

Never have dealt with these kind of machines before just starting but this cutting thing is driving me crazy..
Here is the deal......I have followed all the cutting instructions in manual (SP-540V with new blade) printed and laminated my
print and went to cutting the material is ~400mic did the test cut 125g looks fine did dry out different pressures and offsets untill i did find the best that suited for that material.NB! when i switch the machine on and off it gives me slightly differend results when i do the test cut but that is not a big issue. But when i did sent the Versaworks do to the cutting did cut trough the the packing and messed all my work up. And is there any way in Versaworks to set the cutting order or it will just chooses it itself.any info are welcome...

Thanks

asd

versaworks automatically will override the settings on the machine, you can set up versaworks to cut at a specific depth in edit queue either a or b every time you load a file the settings in the queue will already be set

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:Oops: I'm going back out the way I came in. I think I wandered in a wrong door.............

redhot007

Wow that gave me a headache!

Just like I said in your other thread.....you can't change the cutting order. (without setting up the file from scratch)

That really sucks it seems like the Versaworks is really not stepped up his game and has stuck-ed in 90s

Any sugesstions how find correct cutting settings ?

Thansk

redhot007

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the question....but if you're looking to find the correct weight settings:

-have your settings (in versaworks) to use weight settings on printer
-load your laminated vinyl
-set your base point, then hold down test cut
-increase/decrease pressure as required. (you want it to JUST barely score the backing paper, and to be able to weed the test cut easily)
-document that weight setting for future use.

There is also the offset which can be adjusted but I'm not sure that that's required based on your description.

Where i can find the pressure settings in versaworks?

Thanks

tomence

That really sucks it seems like the Versaworks is really not stepped up his game and has stuck-ed in 90s

Any sugesstions how find correct cutting settings ?

Thansk

Maybe you should buy a newer $4000 RIP software so you won't have to be stuck-ed in 90s

redhot007

You will find them under "Cut controls" tab, but my instructions above were for setting the pressure right on the printer.

This way you can make adjustments on the printer while you're trying the test cuts.

It was working fine when i did the test cut with the printer but when i did the cutting work with Versaworks it seemed to apply more pressure and did cut trough the packing. Can Versaworks influence the printer cutting settings?

Thanks

redhot007

Maybe you should buy a newer $4000 RIP software so you won't have to be stuck-ed in 90s

I can't say that it is a bad Rip it is kinda easy to use and learn but soem little thinks that are really useful but not there . I really don't need like another (AutoCAD) program to learn mastering the Illy is a Lifetime job .....:)

Mosh

Programs only do what the user tells them to do...I never have any problems with Versa...been using is for a few years.

Sign Works

If your cutting through the backing (liner) then your blade is adjusted out too far. Blade should extend no further than the thickness of the media being cut.

My God I can picture it now, blade is sticking out the blade holder about 1/8" ... Might want to change that platten (cutting strip) now.