Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting issue - camm-1

Discussion in 'Roland' started by TyrantDesigner, Oct 1, 2012.

1. TyrantDesigner

TyrantDesigner Art! Hot and fresh.

Mar 9, 2011
    Amarillo, TX
    Alrighty, using flexi on a camm-1 servo.

When I use 24" or larger rolls, my cutting on the y axis (roll feed) movement will drift and miscut. ... and only on the roll feed movement, the side to side x-axis movement isn't affected at all. At first I was thinking my pinch rollers are wearing out, but when I use 15" rolls ... no drifting problem ... and there is no side to side drifting or eventual misalignment. ... Could this be my motor wearing out? And how easy is it to replace if it is?

Tags:
  2. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

WHAT MODEL CAMM-1? CAMM-1 covers a lot of models. did you buy it used? it might have a lot of use on 24" material, very little on the 15" grit roller. pinch rollers may be wore. bearing on grit roller shaft at 24" may be bad.

3. TyrantDesigner

TyrantDesigner Art! Hot and fresh.

Mar 9, 2011
    Amarillo, TX
    It's the shops camm-1 servo gx-24. It's not the pinch rollers, they would start to misalign the material, and the material stays perfectly straight. Could be the bearings, but why would the bearings on the roller only affect larger rolls? I almost swear it's the motor, it's almost like it doesn't have the torque to move the material enough on the larger rolls.

4. ismael36

ismael36 New Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Problem with roland camm 1 pro cx-300

hello that such
    excuse to write here, but I'm new and not very well use this product
    I have a problem with the plotter CX-300, when I start the machine to take the measure is going to end and returns to its initial position without measuring
    I put a video so they can see
    the sensors are clean and cables are not cut, not to do
    the end of the video on the screen gets changue pinch roller position but are in position and the roller magnets work well, media sensors are ok
    thanks for the help

[video=youtube;m8aTGNtDZkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8aTGNtDZkc[/video]

5. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    does it have issues if you pre-unroll the roll (so it doesnt tug it)

6. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    I used to have a CX-300 and one day it did the same thing yours is doing. It is going past the magnet and not reading it. You need to get a new pinch roller sensor. Cost here in USD was about $50.00.

7. ismael36

ismael36 New Member

Aug 27, 2013
    thank you very much for everything, in Spain the cost is 89 € but I think I'll buy in Brussels that the cost is 48 €, can you tell me if the photo sensor?
    thanks, really

pinch sensor board.jpg

8. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yes, that looks like the one - it attaches to the back of the cutting head.

9. ismael36

ismael36 New Member

Aug 27, 2013
    ok, thanks for everything