Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting issue: Roland VP-540

Discussion in 'Roland' started by jimi, Dec 28, 2010.

1. jimi

jimi New Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Any thoughts on why, during cut process, cut of oval shape extends 2" beyond desired limit. Print/Lam/Cut project. Oval shape, 23" x 46". Using Gloss lam. The head reads crop marks, proceeds across to proper start point and about 1/3rd way through cutting top of arc begins to NOT follow curve. Cut extends a full 2" beyond lateral limits of oval shape then appears to head back on track of bottom portion of arc. I stopped process at this point in attempt to salvage job. This is not a calibration issue - it elongates the oval shape 2". I checked file and Versaworks - everything appears OK. Thanks for any help

Tags:
  2. ocean502

ocean502 Member

Apr 29, 2008
    California
    I am having a similar problem. I am printing, then trying to cut a rectangle around image. Roland (sp540) will cut perfect horizontally, but 2" off vertically. I reset to default, but no luck. I had a job wrinkle up and got all jammed, and ever since then have had printing issues.

3. ocean502

ocean502 Member

Apr 29, 2008
    California
    This is how it's cutting.

Attached Files:

4. ocean502

ocean502 Member

Apr 29, 2008
    California
    For the sake of future viewers, I did the default, and shut down printer..all is cutting perfect. :thumb:

5. stillhasdust

stillhasdust Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Charlotte
    CrazyDazy - I think your linear encoder is bad. Try to clean it or flip it around.

6. ocean502

ocean502 Member

Apr 29, 2008
    California
    Fixed

Thanks, I did that with no luck. After speaking to Roland I ran the AUTO from the print cut adj. it was giving me an crop mark error. I shut printer down in both places, and re-ran the auto, this time successful. I ran print cut test again and wa la! :thankyou::thankyou:

7. ocean502

ocean502 Member

Apr 29, 2008
    California