• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting issue with a Roland PNC-1210

Doc Savage

I have an issue I am hoping someone can help me with. I have an issue with cutting on my PNC-1210. I have a current project where I have to cut some text that is about 84" long and 10" high. The default media length in the settings of the cutter is 585 x 1600mm. This is only about 62". I went through the process specified in the readme file of the print driver suplied by Roland. Which is as follows:

1. Use the program to open Properties for the driver.
You can generally display Properties by going to the [File] menu and clicking [Print Setup].
2. Click the [Layout] tab, then click [Advanced].
3. Click [Media Size Settings], then click [Properties].
4. Click [Add New Media Size].
5. Enter the material size in [Width] and [Length].
6. At [Media Size Name], enter a name for registering the material size, then click [OK].
7. Click [OK] again to close Properties

The only thing I changed was the max length. Which I changed to 2400mm. Now if I use that media size all curves are wavy. Straight lines cut fine but curves act like the blade tracing is off. I can cut the design in half and use the original profile everything cuts fine. But I would like to be able to cut material up to about 8' in length.

If someone has any idea on how i can get the max length increased and still be able to cut curves.

The cutting machine is a Windows XP machine with 2GB of ram, using Roland Cut Studio to process cut jobs, and it is connected to the cutter through a serial cable on COM 1.