• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cutting issues

BigJerm

Hi everyone! Hope y'all had a great weekend!

I'm a newbie on the printing side of vinyl graphics. As I encounter new issues I have to learn from mistakes. It's very frustrating at times. The latest issue I've run across is snagging. Thought I'd try here first to see if I could get the needed help here. I printed a 2 up file via Flexi 12 on a Roland SOLJET III 540 as separate files. In some places, the cut is too deep In a couple other places it appears as though it has snagged in the same spot. Not sure if this is due to a dull blade or what. I know there are a lot of experienced people here who can help me out. Thanks in advance!

See attached images. You can see where it snagged on the lowercase "a" on each of the stepped items.

Attachments

• IMG_3631.JPG
    IMG_3631.JPG
    545.4 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3632.JPG
    IMG_3632.JPG
    569.4 KB · Views: 171

papabud

Lone Wolf
well if your getting an inconsistent cut. the first thing to check is your cutter.
a good knife is always good, the holder needs to be in place properly. the knife should be in good and able to spin freely.
sensors cleaned. and the cutting base needs to be in good shape smooth and flat. your cutter should be set to just barely cut what you need. the vinyl should be cut and the release liner shouldhave a very slight mark. but not be cut at all

Bleemus

Check tomake sure your blade offset settings are correct to cutter specs. Both on cutter and in software.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

JaySea20

If it is snagging in the same spot of the same letter then check your vector. Zoom in real close and make sure you dont have artwork issues. Other than that, I would say the same as the others. Replace Cutting Strip, and you might try a 60 degree blade.

BigJerm

It was the blade. It was somehow lodged in the holder and barely touching the surface. Thanks for everyone’s help!

alex242

The blade on my Mimaki CG 130 has to protrude around 0,3 mm off the holder; don't be temped to put it more than that. I had problems cutting vinyl last week, the right side of the job appears with the liner chopped up. We had to replace the cutting strip and the blade was too off the holder too. The cutting strip may be turned around as an emergency solution, but need to get a new one if some grooves are detected. If possible, move the job to another position to check if the problem persist. If not, may be a cutting strip problem.