• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Issues

Adam Bennett

Ok so here's my quandry. I need to print a TON of little quarter inch logos and then cut a small circle around them. The logo I'm printing is just text and a .tiff of a couple coffee beans (only 177kb) as of now, i've laid them out in illustrator with a seperate layer for the circle cut paths. Illustrator doesn't process the file very well (runs really slow) so i'm wondering if there is a better way to do this using Flexi. If anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Adam

Rod

Badges, decals and continuous cut

Hi Adam,

I'm going to mention a couple of SignLab tools to give you some ideas about improving your workflow. You mention Flexi, though I get the impression you are seeking a more general question about workflow tools.

In SignLab, there is a Badging feature that uses variable text objects to create a series of plates / badges / logos quickly. If numbering is required, there is a Serialization feature. The Badging feature would be used for things like name plates, photo IDs, department sections, and so on.

Now, it doesn't sound like Badges are what you want in this case because you are simply repeating the same logo. For such an array, SignLab provides a Decal feature whereby the data for only a single logo is spooled to significantly reduce output time.

Further, SignLab supports advanced continuous cut support for the Graphtec machines that is designed produce accurate cutting whilst minimizing cut time.

Cheers,

Rod at CADlink

odecom

if he has flexi and illustrator, why would he want information on what he's doing in SignLab???

what are the specs of your computer? illustrator should be able to handle something like that with no problem in most cases. sounds like there must be something else hogging your resources.