Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting Issues

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Adam Bennett, May 24, 2007.

1. Adam Bennett

Adam Bennett Member

May 10, 2007
    Ok so here's my quandry. I need to print a TON of little quarter inch logos and then cut a small circle around them. The logo I'm printing is just text and a .tiff of a couple coffee beans (only 177kb) as of now, i've laid them out in illustrator with a seperate layer for the circle cut paths. Illustrator doesn't process the file very well (runs really slow) so i'm wondering if there is a better way to do this using Flexi. If anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks a lot,
    Adam

Tags:
  2. Rod

Rod Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Badges, decals and continuous cut

Hi Adam,

I'm going to mention a couple of SignLab tools to give you some ideas about improving your workflow. You mention Flexi, though I get the impression you are seeking a more general question about workflow tools.

In SignLab, there is a Badging feature that uses variable text objects to create a series of plates / badges / logos quickly. If numbering is required, there is a Serialization feature. The Badging feature would be used for things like name plates, photo IDs, department sections, and so on.

Now, it doesn't sound like Badges are what you want in this case because you are simply repeating the same logo. For such an array, SignLab provides a Decal feature whereby the data for only a single logo is spooled to significantly reduce output time.

Further, SignLab supports advanced continuous cut support for the Graphtec machines that is designed produce accurate cutting whilst minimizing cut time.

Cheers,

Rod at CADlink

3. odecom

odecom Member

Jul 11, 2006
    if he has flexi and illustrator, why would he want information on what he's doing in SignLab???

what are the specs of your computer? illustrator should be able to handle something like that with no problem in most cases. sounds like there must be something else hogging your resources.

4. mtmdesigns

mtmdesigns Active Member

Jun 23, 2006
    copy and paste it into flexi, draw a circle, c5 the logo in the circle and print.