• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting limits SP-540

craigwojo

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what the size limits for letters are. How small have any of you cut? For just cutting basic (3 mil) calendared vinyl, what settings of speed and force do you set it for? Do you use 45 or 60 degree cutter? Settings within VersaWorks?
Just wondering what everyone uses. I currently do not have the 5K for a Graphtek just yet.

Craig

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Hybrid machines are not designed to handle your typical everyday vinyl cutting.
You don't have to spend 5k for a decent plotter. How about the 24in Graphtec?

woolly

hi
cutting quality from my sc540ex is as good if not slightly better at 5 10mm letters as either of my graphtecs so dont worry

just do it

woolly

Erron S.

I've gotten the "job too small" warning a few times with versaworks. I'll usually go back and add a transparent layer under the graphic to make it seem bigger. It adds space, but at the same time I will just make the spacing in versa down to nothing since I now have spacing on the graphic.
Make sense?

Downforce depends on how dull the blade is. :biggrin:
I've discovered that the 30 and 45 degree blades seem to give me a better cut on small stuff. Having a few to choose from is nice too. Test cut, then adjust is the best policy.

Good luck!

Erron S.

synergy_jim

word...

I am using a Roland XC540 with versaworks 2.2 and have had no issues.

People thinking that hybrid machines are weaker cutters is a myth perpetuated by sales guys from companies that don't offer print cut solutions...
:cool: