• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Master 2 & Corel Draw X3

Bogie

I installed the driver that Graphtec sent me... And the Scanvec Amiable driver. Is there a different one?

Bogie

Hokayfine... It's 12:39 central time, the last banner of the day is almost through printing, and then I'll load in some vinyl... I've taken what I had in Corel (actually some jpegs with contour circles that I drew in...) and moved it to PhotoPOS DX 5.0, and it's set up and ready to print/cut using ONLY the dang program.

We'll see...

I'd really like to hand a few of these guys some sample stickers...

Or decals. OR WHATEVER, as long as they place orders and pay money.

Bogie

No work. The type 1 reg marks seem to work better than the type 2, but the dang thing still can't find it's butt with both hands...

oc63rag

As mentioned earlier, make sure you have the most current firmware. I recently had the same problem with my FC7000-160 and as soon as I updated the firmware it was perfect.

Jackpine

liarby, I would cut these with an axcto to get the job out. I do this with "bumper magnets". GVG has the problem worked out in Flexi. I use CorelX3 for design and export with my cut line to my RIP and RIP/print and cut from the RIP.

re... Stouse.
They want 75¢/each for QTY:250 3.5"x11" bumper stickers. Black on white. I printed them on plain old 651. If I can get them cut then I make a profit. If not then I eat what we have printed and order Stouse and hope to break even. Only charged $1/each, customer also ordered a couple dozen 5'x5' banners at full freight. Guess I'll make it up there.

Bogie

When I did the layout in Corel, with contour lines, and saved as a Version 8 file (WHAT IS UP WITH SAI? VERSION 8?), and opened it in Photoprint (aka, Flexi on the short bus...), I had to redo the contour stuff...

jiarby

Don't know who GVG is, and I am not using Flexi....
I use Corel to draw, and Onyx Prod. House to RIP.

Bogie

Been pretty busy past coupla days...

Tried increasing lighting around machine. No dice.

Will mess more tomorrow night.

jiarby

ahh...
I understand now... I thought gvg was some software program I never heard of! I'll be trying again this weekend with Onyx to print & cut and skip the corel/cut-server.

Will the Graphtec read those reg marks that Onyx makes?? we'll see!

Bogie

I'm going to have to check that... I set the job up again, completely in Photoprint (DO NOT count on that program for design or layout...). When I print, it sends the thing to the Production Mangler, where it puts the cutter on hold, prints the Mutoh side, then tells me to get the cutter ready... I was figuring that since it was the same file...

Gonna be talking at length to my sales guy next week...

jiarby

The onyx I have creates a cut file when it rips the print job then prints a barcode and registration marks. The concept is that then we load up the cutter and open the Onyx Cut Server, scan (or type) the barcode to pull up the cut-file and hit the "GO" button.

Of course, OUR problem (Bogie & Me) was that the Graphtec was whizzing PAST all the registration marks, but that was using Corel Draw the Graphtec "rocket" plug-in (Cutting Master).

My Onyx system is designed for multiple printers and ginormous cutters... my CE5000-60 is not on the list, but Graphtec has instructions online for setting it up as a "generic cutter". Anyone wanna bet their next paycheck on how it goes???

Bogie

Well, tonight I gotta cut a lot of "cut only" stuff... We'll see how it goes.

If you see me asking a lot of questions about Signcut and Refine, you can guess...