• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Master 2 Image Size Issues

MrSalumi

I have an older Graphtec FC5100-150, using cutting master 2 to cut with. My problem is that if I print/cut a file that is 5'' x 5'' (native size) from illustrator and lay it out in cutting master 2 with the dimensions 5" x 5", the actual plot is way smaller (like 1" x 1"). In order to get an actual plot of 5"x5" I had to lay it out to almost 24 inches!!!

Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong?

Matt-Tastic

I have an older Graphtec FC5100-150, using cutting master 2 to cut with. My problem is that if I print/cut a file that is 5'' x 5'' (native size) from illustrator and lay it out in cutting master 2 with the dimensions 5" x 5", the actual plot is way smaller (like 1" x 1"). In order to get an actual plot of 5"x5" I had to lay it out to almost 24 inches!!!

Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong?

look in the manual (or poke around) for a setting in your command language for "step size". this counts the number of steps per inch the plotter uses to plot.

If you have 1 setting on the plotter, and another in CM2, it will change the plotter size (if your plotter is set to 254, and your software is set to 1016, it will plot 4x the size, and vice cersa)