• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Master 2 is not applying the correct Job size - Illustrator

Geminis076

Hello, I have a new Graphtec CE 5000-60 cutter I'm still trying to figure out, decided to try out the Cutting Master 2 plug-in it came with for use with Illustrator. So far it seems very simple and easy to use, expect for the fact that it's not obeying the changes I make in the Job Size section.

I'm using Illustrator 9 on Windows XP. When I enter my own dimensions for a design, the actual cut will be significantly smaller: I set my design to cut with a 2 inch height and the actual cut was at about 3/4 in. tall - very tiny. I've tried several times and have gotten the same results.

"Proportional" is checked, the percentage changes to reflect the new size, I've made sure the units in Illustrator is set to inches and have also checked in Cutting Master and in the other cutting master window where jobs are sent, and the size does seem to change in the preview window. Everything looks OK in the Weed and Panel area.

Hopefully it's just a simple setting fix but I'm new to the machine and Cutting Master, not sure where else to try and check? I do also have Corel X3, but I'm more familiar with Illustrator so I have not yet tried using the plug in with Corel.

Thanks for any information!

Geminis076

Hi, just updating my question above. It looks like it was the "Step Size", the step size in the cutter and Cutting Master did not match. Changed those and the Job Size is being applied fine. But now I have a graphics question which I'll ask separately :doh:.

Thank you.