• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Master 3 Can't rotate

datoshway

I've got a job in cutting master 3, i'm new to this software.

When I send it to CM3, it automatically is rotating my job from what it originally was and the Rotate button is grayed out. Any help?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Check the type of crop marks you are using, if you use the segmented type with the "T" shaped intermediate mark you can't rotate your layout to cut.
You might be using segmented without out knowing it, if the step size is too large CM won't add the center marks but still label them that way and prevent rotation in CM.
I just ran into this after applying the new updates for CM.
If you want to use segmented crop marks you need to rotate your layout so it is going the way you want it to in the cutter before adding in the crops.

wayne k
guam usa

datoshway

Check the type of crop marks you are using, if you use the segmented type with the "T" shaped intermediate mark you can't rotate your layout to cut.
You might be using segmented without out knowing it, if the step size is too large CM won't add the center marks but still label them that way and prevent rotation in CM.
I just ran into this after applying the new updates for CM.
If you want to use segmented crop marks you need to rotate your layout so it is going the way you want it to in the cutter before adding in the crops.

wayne k
guam usa

That was it. Thank you! What a bout the none T style segmented can you rotate those? I use segmented a lot.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Not sure,
but if you are asking if the "4 Mark type 1 or 2" can be rotated then yes.
I think the 3 and 2 mark sets can't be rotated.

wayne k
guam usa

Dennis422

Not sure,
but if you are asking if the "4 Mark type 1 or 2" can be rotated then yes.
I think the 3 and 2 mark sets can't be rotated.

wayne k
guam usa

You are correct. If you have more than your standard 4 corner marks, make sure you know you are printing the design the right way, otherwise, if not enough vinyl on the trailing side, you will have to splice another piece or scrap t.