• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting master 3 not receiving registration marks from illustrator

sdssrr

we have a FC8600-160 cutter and it was working fine before for reading registration marks with cutting master 3 working as illustrator plug-in (Windows 7, illustrator CS6, CM3). Now for some reason, there's this new artwork for which we just can't seem to get registration marks to output to cutting master 3??

Registration marks were created in illustrator (using CM3 plug in) and printed properly. See the attached screenshot of the artwork in illustrator. However, after clicking on "send to cutting master 3" from illustrator, CM3 opens without the registration mark read from illustrator, as if CM3 only received data for cutting artwork, but did not receive data for registration marks? See attached screenshot capture2. Only cut data was shown in CM3 window, but registration marks did not exist in CM3??

As a comparison, we also opened a previous file that has registration marks done and cut successfully (registration marks were done in exactly the same way in illustrator), and that file was received by CM3 properly (both cut data and registration marks shown inside the CM3). So this cannot be a problem of our hardware or software installation.

This must be an easy fix somewhere, please help!!! MANY THANKS.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    72.6 KB · Views: 450
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    202.9 KB · Views: 308

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
This has happened to me a few times using the same set-up. I don't know why this happens but when it does and I don't want to reprint I will unlock the registration marks layer and copy the artwork, cut lines & marks into a new file.
Set the old marks on their own layer and turn it off. Generate a new set of marks making sure the settings are the same as the first try. Turn the hidden marks back on to verify the new marks are in the same positions and then delete the layer with the old marks. Run the cuts again - has not failed me so far.

wayne k
guam usa