• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Cutting Master 4 default number of copies

sleepyeyed

Is there any way to set the number of copies a job cuts to a default of 1? The cutting master software retains the same number of copies from the previous job and has caused us to waste material as it's a setting that can easily be overlooked, especially when there's a lot going on in the shop and speed is critical. Oddly the default job properties allows me to change the media size, position, etc.., but the number of copies is greyed out. Any help is appreciated.

ikarasu

Thats when you cut it off, roll it up, and throw it in the trash... it never happened!

It happens to everyone. I remember cutting 3 4 FT decals... I walk away and come back 10 mins later and it's still cutting. Thought nothing of it... kept doing my thing, then when I turned around and saw a good 50 FT of vinyl on the floor and realized I didn't change the quantity from 20 to 3... that was a bad moment.

The worst part is when your cutting thick material like diamond grade... you switch the roll to a thin vinyl only to find your screensaver is on... You hit enter and in the back of your head you start hear the plotter going because pressing enter hit enter... and your cutting through your cutting strip.

I don't believe theres a way to change it to 1 - it's just a life lesson, stuff happens.