• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Master 4 question about recognition marks

jimmmi

Hello, i am trying to figure out the correct way of creating recognition marks in Corel.
Lets say we have 5 items. If i try to create marks to only the selected item, it creates to all items like beeing one big item. Although i have selected only one. There is no selected only check. The only way to add marks to only one item, is to separate all items in different layers, and hide the 2-3-4-5 to create only to layer 1. Then hide 1-3-4-5 to create to layer 2 and so on. If i want to create to all 5 i have to do all this five times. Am i doing something wrong? Its so time wasting

Last edited:

myront

CorelDRAW is best
You should be able to make your own macro to do this like I did. Not coded the best way but it works great for my purpose. All you need to know is what type of marks you need. Inside/outside, outline thickness, layer name, etc.

jimmmi

You should be able to make your own macro to do this like I did. Not coded the best way but it works great for my purpose. All you need to know is what type of marks you need. Inside/outside, outline thickness, layer name, etc.

I have no idea of coding. So Cutting Master works that way as i described? Also i saw that if i hide for example the first layer to make marks to second layer it removes from the first. Meaning can do only one at a time. Very strange

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Cutting Master probably works by using macros anyway. All you have to do is find the code and see about "modifying" it. Or post a snip here and others can help.
From Corel open macro manager (Alt+shift+F11)
Use the windows "snipping tool" and marquee an area to capture the list, copy and paste here. Like this

upload_2019-11-26_15-23-4.png

jimmmi

Ok i understand but i i still think that is not well made as official add-on for machines that cost thousands

studio10

Used Cutting Master 3 & Graphtec CE600 for several yerars. The way you described is the easiset way. I used that way too.

jimmmi

The problem is that you cannot have multiple items, with its own marks. The only way is having different pages and every page its own design with marks