• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Mat

WB

I picked up high-density polyethelyne (spelled correctly?) from a local plastics supply house for $65 each. The knife doesnt go though...and after you get tired of any ruts or too many cuts, just flip over and you have a new sheet! works great! Had them for almost a year...the heaviest cut ones are getting flipped over this month.

Try the Low Density.. you'll probably like it better..
I've tried the high and I find that the "ruts" are much harder and deflect the knife blade alot more with the High density.. where as the low Density you can go over the ruts much easier with little effect to your cut..:thumb:

imaSIGNr

I use the mats .I like them. They have a 1" grid on them that can be useful also.....I have also used tempered glass that I really like better.Find them on old glass doors from store fronts if you can. It does dull blades quicker, but blades are not that expensive plus I also keep a handy little ceramic blade sharpener at the table that I use on a blade many times before I throw one out.......

KR3signguy

I like those mats but they don't last that long. The pvc seems to be the way to go. We use plexi glass but It's quite slippery to cut on.

Ken

I use a melamine sheet. When it gets too rutted I flip it over then after that it is good for shelving.
Ken