• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Multiple Lines

captainron19

I'm afraid that the mother board is preparing to die on my cutter. Whenever I attempt to cut a large paragraph of text (mostly when there is a lot of data to send to the cutter) it starts to cut fine but then the blade will just skew off and start cutting a straight diagonal line across the words it already cut.

Until I can get this hardware problem resolved, is there a way in Flexi that I if I choose to cut the first two lines of a 4 line paragraph I can then send the 2 remaining lines of text and have it in a way that all of the text is still properly cut on the vinyl (as far as the alignment goes)?

I assume I would make sure "advance after plot" is unchecked but unsure on what other setting there may be in the cut dialog box that i can utilize to perform this.

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
That doesn't sound like a motherboard problem to me, if it will START to cut fine then it should finish. I'd look for problems of vinyl alignment or....well I'm not sure about this but it seems like I had something similar to this problem a long time ago. I'm thinking this is NOT hardware.

CS-SignSupply

If it is a creation cutter, it is the motherboard more than likely.

+1 jhilldesigns - cut in sections, measure and align as you install.

dtequi

Jsi p24

i have the same plotter and once it hadhappened to me just like that bt i reseted the plotter and the software and still cutting fine... Im using flexi 7 as my software.

captainron19

i have the same plotter and once it hadhappened to me just like that bt i reseted the plotter and the software and still cutting fine... Im using flexi 7 as my software.
Still happens to me once in a while what do you do to reset the plotter just turn it off and back on?