• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cutting multiple sheets on the flatbed cutter

MGB_LE

We are contour cutting about 200 duplex round cardstock cards. We print them 6up on our digital color cutsheet press on 12x18" sheets. We contour cut them a sheet at a time. There must be a way to keep the flatbed cutter gantry near the work while we swap out sheets? Right now it moves alllll the way to the back of the table between sheets. It's a silly waste of time and motion.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
On our zunds this is called the park position and it can be set at the beginning of each job. This is where the gantry will go when the job is done. Maybe your machine has something similar?

S2S

We are contour cutting about 200 duplex round cardstock cards. We print them 6up on our digital color cutsheet press on 12x18" sheets. We contour cut them a sheet at a time. There must be a way to keep the flatbed cutter gantry near the work while we swap out sheets? Right now it moves alllll the way to the back of the table between sheets. It's a silly waste of time and motion.

when you select "output to device"...there is a park position that will allow you to do this...both x and y

MGB_LE

Thanks everyone, I will check that out on WinCNC (or OptiScout, I forget which, since I'm not the operator.)

S2S

Thanks everyone, I will check that out on WinCNC (or OptiScout, I forget which, since I'm not the operator.)
in the OptiScout program...output to device...window opens for you to set this info...park position X and Y...
Go to WinCNC...move your beam where you would like it to park....enter the X/Y coordinates from WinCNC into OptiScout.

MGB_LE

in the OptiScout program...output to device...window opens for you to set this info...park position X and Y...
Go to WinCNC...move your beam where you would like it to park....enter the X/Y coordinates from WinCNC into OptiScout.
Worked like a charm. sorry it took a while to report back. I don't like when I see that on other forums. This'll save us lots of time.

S2S

Worked like a charm. sorry it took a while to report back. I don't like when I see that on other forums. This'll save us lots of time.
Wonderful...glad it work and hope that it helps out with your workflow!