• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting on a Lynx with Illustrator CS5

signguy35

ok guys need some help.

I have a older Vinyl Express Lynx that i have been running off a older computer using LXi 7.4 for the last year and it has been working out pretty well. Granted i design in Illustrator and then have to take it over to the older computer and load it up and then cut from the LXi cutting program. As of last week when i try to cut something and it send it to the Program Manager it has a Runtime Error of a abnormal program termination and wont let me cut.

So i have been cutting my vinyl on my Roland Printer which sucks because it takes too much time.

Is there a way that i can cut vinyl straight from my Illustrator CS5 to the Lynx plotter?

and one more question. i know that Vinyl Express machines are made by Graphtec and then sold by Signwarehouse. but what is the graphtec version of the Lynx? i see there are plug ins for illustrator for Graphtec machines but im not sure what model it is for.

Thank you for any help you can give.