• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Oracal Specialty series 352 polyester Gold

Signguy100

Hello, I have tried twice now to successfully cut series 352-002 Gold gloss vinyl and no luck. The first time parts of the letters were ok but others not so much. The test cuts were fine but final version did not cut all letters the same. I adjusted the force and slowed the speed because one of the ornamental graphics was small and had scroll work so it was tearing at the higher speed. I am using the 45 degree blade but was considering using a 60. It's like thin foil and tears easily, but just after the cut finishes weeding is not good.

Thanks

afarraway

We had a very similar issue occur with us on some specialty vinyls. Where the pressure appeared to be less at zero x and y than farther down the plotter moved. We replaced the teflon cutting strip and change to 60 degrees - saw major improvement. What type of plotter are you using and how old is it? Does the teflon cutting strip have deep channels/cuts in certain areas?

Signguy100

Roland Versa Camm SP 300

I am using a Roland sp-300. Cut strip is ok and I can cut other materials with no issues. Just this expensive Gold that I keep messing up.

kanini

Definitely try a 60 degree blade, cut with sloow speed and also check your blade holder (and clean it) so it don't stick. If it's dirty it will show more problems on difficult materials. Good luck!

afarraway

We once reloaded the driver and that solved a plotter pressure issue. I think something was overriding during the RIP conversion. You never know until you try lol.

Sign Works

I recommend using the Roland Zecu style blades, I have found them to perform much more accurately than the standard Roland blades. Available from Roland or from Clean Cut Blades.