Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting Perforated Vinyl

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by signsourcetx, Oct 26, 2016.

1. signsourcetx

signsourcetx New Member

Apr 9, 2015
    College Station
    Hi all!

Just wanted to get some feedback on what what blade/settings people were using when cutting perforated vinyl on their plotters.

I will be doing a job that will require a lot of plotting on 3M dual color perforated vinyl and I have never run it through my plotter (mimaki cg160-fx) before. I'm wondering if it would be better to use a 60° blade or just stick with my standard 37°.

Thanks in advance for any input!

2. Snydo

Snydo Member

May 1, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I haven't cut perf in a while, but seems like slow cut speeds would work fine with either blade....you may need to print some extra crops on clear or lam and place them over the original crops, from what I remember our CG was finicky with reading crops on some materials.

3. signsourcetx

signsourcetx New Member

Apr 9, 2015
    College Station
    Thanks!
    I ended up slowing the speed down to 3 with a 56° blade... cuts super slow but super clean!