• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Pro FC4100-75, makes loud hard click noises

CYPSIGNS

Hello, I have a graphtech Cutting Pro FC4100-75. when ever the blade moves up and down it makes a terrible loud hard clicking noise. it causes the blade to miss about a 1/16" of the cut making weeding very very hard. It has not always been like this, it just has gotten really bad the last few weeks. I have already taken fully apart the blade control mechanism and cleaned everything. it is very smothe by hand motion. Does anyone know what could be my problem. Is there settings that can control this...

Also when the blade finishes 1 cut and moves to the next cut, the blade will move all the way up to the top, then a slight pause (just a split second), then it will move, and then put the blade back down. the blade and down force are adjusted properly. it does the complete up down motion, even if the 2 cuts are very very close

I am attaching 2 videos i took from my cell phone this morning. The first video is with the speed slowed way down to like 3 or so. the second is a video of normal speed operation of 40. I hope I have provided enough information. Let me know if anyone needs more info....... well it turns out that the .3gp video i took isn't allowed in the manage attachments.
Thanks,
-Wayne

animenick65

I know this is a dumb question, but are you sure the blade is secured in the holder? Sometimes I'll switch out a blad holder and forget to tighten the hold thing down. Then when I try to cut something when the blade goes down it pushes the whole blade holder up then it falls back down again when its lifted, making a clicking noise. Just figured I'd ask, get the obvious out of the way first.

gabagoo

I know this is a dumb question, but are you sure the blade is secured in the holder? Sometimes I'll switch out a blad holder and forget to tighten the hold thing down. Then when I try to cut something when the blade goes down it pushes the whole blade holder up then it falls back down again when its lifted, making a clicking noise. Just figured I'd ask, get the obvious out of the way first.

I have done that!! man what a piss off

gabagoo

Mine sometimes makes a clicking noise but it seems to cut everything pretty good. Check the tip of the blade with a magnifying glass make sure it isnt broke. I wonder if you accidently changed any of the settings in the cutter accidently while setting it up for a cut job.

Todd M Castle

Try taking the cover off the blade carriage and put some 3-in-one oil on the piston that moves up and down. You will see it with it off to know what to oil.

Not sure if that will fix it but worth a shot.

CYPSIGNS

Has anyone else oiled that... it moves very smooth, and im not sure im supossed to put oil on the coiled wires inside there.

CS-SignSupply

Take the blade holder out, move the cuthead to the middle of the carriage and gently push the round piece that holds the blade holder (bad wording) until it bottoms out.... then, push a little harder and see if the head carriage moves. It should not.

If it is loose, it will rattle and chatter.

Just another possibility

Todd M Castle

Should be a part where a piston looking thing is between 2 wheels. This should be away from the coil part. I put the oil between that. This was a CE1000-60 so the insides may be different.

CYPSIGNS

Ok, yes, on mine there is a 1/8" rod that is vertical, and that rod is inbetween 2 bearings. the bearings keep the correct angle, and alignment of the moving parts. I oiled it earlier today.