Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting Problem Mimaki CJV30-100

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by DreamPrinter, Dec 12, 2019.

1. DreamPrinter

DreamPrinter New Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Guatemala
    Hi! im having this issue when i start to use the cutting mode. It looks like the cutting starts to moving and the end points don't match. The curious thing its not always do this kind of error. Some one has a clue of what happen with my machine? I really will appreciate any help. Here is a picture of one job where you can see my problem is.

Attached Files:

2. DreamPrinter

DreamPrinter New Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Guatemala
    Any one? please...

3. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    How big is the sheet? What are the pinch rollers set at while printing and cutting?

try turning the cut line on where it cuts between all 4 register marks (it does that first so you can see if the whole sheet is off or if it cuts fine to start off then gets worse)

pressure and speed are also important, what are they set at? For smaller jobs I turn their speed down

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Looks like the offset value is incorrect. Your blade should have the offset value printed on the package it came with. If the setting is set to anything other than that, it will do funky things like this.

5. nlnickolatos

nlnickolatos New Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    I think the commenter above has the right idea - looks like offset issue. What did your test cut squares look like?

6. DreamPrinter

DreamPrinter New Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Guatemala
    Thank you! I been working 6 years the same way and until now start to doing this error. Every thing its inside the cutting marks. What you see out the marks its the error that my cutting its doing right know. The curious part its that not alway do the same error...

7. DreamPrinter

DreamPrinter New Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Guatemala
    Thank you very much! The offsets its ok. That error not always happen, some cut fine but the next job maybe not... It so frustrating.

8. DreamPrinter

DreamPrinter New Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Guatemala
    Thank you very much! The offsets its ok. That error not always happen, some cut fine but the next job maybe not... It so frustrating. As you can see the cutting job ends out the marks and my file its every thing ok inside the marks...

9. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    Make sure the pinch rollers are all set either the same pressure or the outermost set to high and the inner 2 set to low.

10. DreamPrinter

DreamPrinter New Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Guatemala
    I already checked and every thing its ok... :(

11. nlnickolatos

nlnickolatos New Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Is it a full registration skew, maybe? My best guess is also offset - besides the blade offset values, there are also TP offset values that can affect registration...